Re: [ITPOLITIK] B 27: 翽 udkast til udvalgssvar

Anders Feder wrote:
Jeg har prøvet at kigge i arkivet men kan simpelthen ikke finde det
link. Er der nogen der kan hjælpe?

Det kan findes her, hvis linket er dødt har jeg dokumentet et sted

http://www.ooodocs.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=21

Andre:

http://cin.earthweb.com/article/1,3555,10493_1485861,00.html

Abstract:
At issue is Microsoft's "automatic update" feature, which allows users to
automatically get upgrades and patches to their systems. To get the updates,
users must agree to give Microsoft access to information on their systems.

That, says Warby, conflicts with federal regulations for financial
institutions, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 2001. The new law, which
goes into effect next May, forbids financial service companies from giving
third parties access to customer data without express consent from the
customer. European countries generally have even stricter data privacy laws.

"We're forced into a position where we're either out of compliance with
Microsoft's licensing, which is not acceptable, or we're out of compliance
with the law, which is not acceptable either. Under these circumstances,
we'll probably change our operating system," says Warby.

http://www.infonomics.nl/FLOSS/report/

Baggrund (fra http://www.oreillynet.com/lpt/a/2713)
A major research project under the name Free/Libre and Open
Source Software: Survey and Study, or FLOSS, recently explored
reasons behind the widespread use of, and support for, free and
open source software. This is, to my knowledge, the first large-scale,
rigorous study concerning any aspect of free software. It involves
interviews with thousands of developers and hundreds of businesses,
with carefully-chosen questions and a correlation of results.

Equally significant is the funder of the study: the European Union.
These government representatives have displayed a growing
curiosity about, and sympathy for, the free software phenomenon;
see, for instance, the recent announcement concerning OpenEvidence,
a project in digital certificates and signatures. The EU is an excellent
body to sponsor a sympathetic but demanding inquiry into the purposes
and processes of free software development. (The study was carried
out for the EU by Berlecon Research GmbH and the University of
Maastricht. The business survey involved only European participants,
but the developer survey was worldwide.)

[..] Home Office minister Douglas Alexander said: "I am pleased to
announce new policy on the use of Open Source Software within UK
Government. It explains how we will consider Open Source Software
solutions alongside proprietary ones in IT procurements and award
contracts on a value for money basis, seeking to avoid lock-in to
proprietary IT products and services."

The register artikkel omkring EU IDA raport om feasability
af brugen af OSS inden for e-govenments

EU IDA raport "Pooling OSS" (3Mb, 159 sider)
http://europa.eu.int/ISPO/ida/export/files/en/1115.pdf

Appendix: (51 sider)
http://europa.eu.int/ISPO/ida/export/files/en/1116.pdf

-- Mvh. Carsten

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2005-08-10, 20:20 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]