Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:37:28 +0300
From: Boris Maryshev <sslug@sslug>
To: sslug@sslug
Cc: sslug@sslug
Subject: [Theora] Richard Stallman on s/w patents in Ogg Theora

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you know, that we just put videos of Richard Stallman of
FSF + Christian Engstrøm and Marco Schulze of FFII visiting our college
and talking about the danger of patenting software ideas up on the net encoded in
Ogg Theora.

Genereal info:
http://kwiki.ffii.org/Tallinn040722En
http://www.itcollege.ee/koostoo/avalikudloengudarhiiv.php

Videos themselves:
http://www.itcollege.ee/dl/OGG/avaloeng10_1.ogg
http://www.itcollege.ee/dl/OGG/avaloeng10_2.ogg

Mirror:
http://www.nightlabs.de/anti_swpat/BalticTour/040722/avaloeng10_1.ogg
http://www.nightlabs.de/anti_swpat/BalticTour/040722/avaloeng10_2.ogg

Videos are encoded as described in ogg-theora-microhowto, they are half of the
original size and qualities are Vorbis: 2/10 and Theora: 4/10.

When I have more spare time and if anybody is interested, I'll make .torrents
for the full size encoded videos.

Cheers,
Boris
--