Re: [LOKALT] English speaking SSLUG Subgroup at ITU?

Dear Martin,

thanks for your reply. I will talk to the school and also try to get some
students to get involved. And yes, there will probably not much happen
during summer break as I will be traveling myself. Maybe I will make it out
to CBS one day as well (I live in Malmö ;-). I will get back to you when I
know more.

Have a great summer!

// Fred

2009/6/8 Martin Schlander <sslug@sslug>

> Fred Großkopf wrote:
> > As a supporter of open and free software and Linux/GNU I think it would
> be
> > great to reactivate this group giving the community a representation at
> > ITU by introducing regular (monthly?) meetings. Unlike SSLUG and in
> > alignment with the high degree of international students at ITU this
> > group's main language would preferably be English. At this point of time
> > can not estimate how many people from ITU would participate in such a
> > group, but from talking to studens in my class I do believe there exists
> > potential interest.
> >
> > What do you think about this idea? Would you be interested in supporting
> > such a group?
>
> We support the creation local informal, autonomous subgroups everywhere. As
> you may know we already have meetings every Wednesday evening at Copenhagen
> Business School - of course the language spoken there is primarily Danish,
> but we have had a few exchange students like yourself show up there. And we
> also have local subgroups in a few other towns.
>
> However, most of the work will have to be done by the local activists
> themselves. It's up to you to get a small group of 2-4 responsible people,
> and make arrangements with ITU to borrow a room with internet access and
> other practicalities.
>
> The only support we can offer is infrastructure and visibility:
> * announcement to our ~4500 members
> * a wiki page on wiki.sslug.dk
> * a position on the frontpage and calendar of sslug.dk
> * access to this mailing list/newsgroup dedicated to local groups (sslug-
> lokalt)
>
> So, what you need to do is:
> * get 1-3 committed people besides yourself (preferably have them join
> SSLUG)
> * get permission to borrow a room with internet access
> * select when and how often to meet (preferably *not* Wednesdays)
>
> Then you'll officially have a local subgroup of SSLUG, and you can use our
> infrastructure and we'll do everything we can to make sure everybody knows
> about it, and pretty soon - if you show a little bit of persistence - you
> should be having a lot of fun with likeminded people on a regular basis.
>
> Only two "problems" come to mind:
> 1) I wonder how to best communicate to non-Danish speakers living in
> Denmark
> 2) Summer holiday is coming up - I guess that means most exchange students
> are going home soon, and a new batch will arrive in a couple of months.
>
> Hopefully some Danish people would participate too, but the main audience
> would probably be exchange students and other foreigners living in Denmark.
>
> Until you get the group off the ground, you're of course more than welcome
> to join us at Copenhagen Business School on Wednesdays.

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2009-07-01, 02:01 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]