Re: [SIGNATUR] ÆØÅ-problem i Mozilla & Konqueror

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:02:23 +0100, Hans Schou wrote:

> Som Feder skrev, så ser det ikke godt ud. I konqueror kan man se et navn,
> dog er det escaped med \x
>   \xC5se \xC6rel\xF8v
>   Å   se Æ   relø   v
>
> Siderne er opdateret, se bunden:
> http://www.sslug.dk/signatur/mozilla-da/
> http://www.sslug.dk/signatur/konqueror/
>
> Der er vel ikke andet for end vi må have sendt en bug-rapport. Eller er
> der andre forslag?
>
> mvh/hans

Hej Hans,

Jeg faldt over følgende link. Kig i afsnitet om "Character Sets", der ser
ud til at være noget rod!

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/x509guide.txt

Mon ikke der er T.61/TeletexString kodet

Citat fra link:
=====
Beyond that there is the T.61/TeletexString, which can select different
character sets using escape codes (this is one of the aforementioned "peculiar
and strange oddball encodings").  The character sets are Japanese Kanji (JIS C
6226-1983, set No. 87), Chinese (GB 2312-80, set No. 58), and Greek, using
shifting codes specified in T.61 or the international version, ISO 6937
(strictly speaking T61String isn't defined in T.61 but in X.680, which defines
it by profiling ISO 2022 character set switching).  Some of the characters have
a variable-length encoding (so it takes 2 bytes to encode a character, with the
interpretation being done in a context-specific manner).  The problem isn't
helped by the fact that the T.61 specification has changed over the years as
new character sets were added, and since the T.61 spec has now been withdrawn
by the ITU there's no real way to find out exactly what is supposed to be in
there (but see the previous comment on T.61 vs T61String - a T61String isn't
really a T.61 string).  Even using straight 8859-1 in a T61String doesn't
always work, for example the 8859-1 character code for the Norwegian OE
(slashed O) is defined using a T.61 escape sequence which, if present in a
certificate, may cause a directory to reject the certificate.
=====

mvh. Jakob Hilmer
--
Jakob Hilmer
sslug@sslug

Questions about the web-pages to <www_admin>. Last modified 2005-08-10, 20:33 CEST [an error occurred while processing this directive]